Thursday, January 15, 2004

Elections and Polling

"IOWA, January 14, 2004 (LifeSiteNews.com) - It appears Democratic
candidates cannot accuse each other of much without their accusations
rebounding with vengeance. In a speech in Iowa today, Congressman Richard
Gephardt harshly criticized Howard Dean as inconsistent, stating, "To me,
there is no room for the cynical politics of manufactured anger and false
conviction. I believe in standing for something, and I think all of you
do too."

In response, the National Right to Life Committee released a copy of a
letter written by Gephardt in 1984, in which Gephardt wrote, "As you know,
I have always been supportive of pro-life legislation. I intend to remain
steadfast on this issue. In the past, I have been against federal funding
for abortion. I also feel that foreign aid should be denied to private
organizations which perform abortions or promote them. I believe that the
life of the unborn should be protected at all costs."

Gephardt, at one time a co-sponsor of a Human Life Amendment to the U.S.
Constitution, recently vowed not to consider appointing to the Supreme
Court any jurist who is not committed to the precedent of Roe v. Wade, and
even says he no longer supports the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?