Saturday, January 10, 2004

David Morrison Tells How He Ordered His Passions With a Life in Christ

"By roughly age 30 I had achieved a lot of what contemporary gay culture said a man could achieve. I had a lover of seven years. I had a good job and was respected by my peers at work. My partner and I owned property together and enjoyed an active sex life. I was openly gay in all quarters of my life. But nonetheless I remained unhappy. With everything I had, life seemed and felt empty.

For a long time I thought the problem lay in something about my life and I tried to change different things to see if they might make a difference.

One day, when I had the house to myself, it popped into my mind to pray and I prayed the classic Skeptic's Prayer: 'Lord, I don't even know if you exist, but if you exist I sure need you in my life.' He came into my life and nothing has been the same since. "

Apparently his book is excellent. I plan to purchase it ASAP.

Quick heads up. Why is it that when the Church says that artificial contraception is intrinsically disordered and an evil, people don't start a fuss, but when the same language is used to describe homosexual sex, which falls under the same "rule" becuase it isn't open to the transmission of life, it's an international affair?

Egads.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?