Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Jewish World Review

Dearest readers:


I will make this note short and sweet.

The next 48 hours are the last chance for you to make your 2003
tax-deductible donations.

We believe JWR is worthy of your support and we need your help now
more than ever.

On December 10, JWR turned six years old. That's eons in Internet
time. Not only has JWR survived, but we've done so without a penny
from corporate investors. We've remained fiercely independent and
yet have managed to keep our quality soaring.

And I pledge that we will continue to do so. If you let me.

We are significantly behind where we should be with our
fundraising. But I honestly believe that this can be changed within
the next 48 hours.

I hate to beg. It's unbecoming. But, as I'm doing it for a greater
good, I force myself.

In the past, I've asked folks to send a pittance. Something.
Anything. I received a lot of apology notes. So let me make this
pitch. PLEASE donate $1. Yes, a single buck. (More if you want to.
)

You think I'm joking? I'm not! All of those dollars will add up. If
only people with give. Unfortunately, many assume, wrongly, that
somebody else will respond. They haven't. They've been counting on
YOU.

Here's the credit card donation page:
https://www.kerenyehoshuavyisroel.com/keren/jwr/donate.cfm

If you wish to donate via conventional means, please drop me a note
by replying to this message.

I'm not a very good self-promoter. I admit it. I'm also usually too
busy trying to manage JWR's day to day affairs. Kathleen Parker has
written a column about JWR and its struggles. It is slated to appear
nationwide TOMORROW. Her column is carried in over 300 papers
nationwide.

I've created a special preview version for my readers.
(http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1203/parker1.asp ) The headline
was provided by her syndicate. I don't claim to be anything other
than a guy working out of a Brooklyn basement who is trying to make
a difference.

My heartfelt thanks to all of those readers who helped out before.
Obviously, this appeal was not to you.

In gratitude and friendship,
Binyamin L. Jolkovsky
Editor in Chief,
JewishWorldReview.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?