Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Double Effect - Principle Of

I've been talking about the Principle of Double Effect so long it's a good thing I finally read an article about it. After all, if it's the basis of my actions I should be able to do it more than intuitively. Oft attacked, but never refuted, it also ties into Catholic teaching on war, something oft misunderstood in an oversimplifying world.

Also, I'd like to thank the Georgetown University student association for expressing disgust that a Cardinal was allowed to mention Catholic doctrine at graduation. Truly the future looks bright for Jesuit higher education. Perhaps they should do some reading, for

Dixit: "Et ego dico tibi quia tu es Petrus et super hanc petram aedificabo ecclesiam meam et portae inferi non praevalebunt adversum eam"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?